Preserving the Past, Informing the Future
|Skip Navigation Links|
1943, State Housing Authority
established by CGS 1949 Rev. chpt 53.
1951, Jan. 3, duties and responsibilities transferred to the Dept. of Public Works, Housing Division, per March 1950 Special Session P.A. 4.
1967, duties and responsibilities transferred to the Dept. of Community Affairs, Bureau of Housing, per P.A. 522.
1977, Dept. of Community Affairs abolished per P.A. 77-614. Housing programs consolidated under the Dept. of Economic Development per P.A. 77-614, s. 591.
1979, July 1, Dept. of Housing established per P.A. 79-598. Responsibilities for operating established state housing programs were transferred from Dept. of Economic Development, and the Dept. of Housing became the lead agency for housing matters.
1995, Oct. 1, Dept. of Housing merged into the new Dept. of Economic and Community Development, per P.A. 95-250. Became the Housing Division.
Agency Documents in the State Library
Check the State Library catalog, CONSULS, under these author headings for publications by the agency available in the State Library :
Connecticut State Housing Authority.
Connecticut. Dept. of Public Works. Housing Division.
Connecticut. Dept. of Community Affairs.
Connecticut. Dept. of Housing.
Connecticut. Dept. of Economic and Community Development. Housing Division.
Annual Reports are located in :
[CSL Call Number ConnDoc H819]
[CSL Call Number ConnDoc Ec55 anre]
Digest of Administrative Reports to the Governor [CSL Call Number ConnDoc F40 d], and 2002-, the online version
State Archives Record Group : RG 071
Years of Service
|Bernard E. Loshbough||1948-1950|
|Joseph E. Canale||1979-1986|
|John F. Papandrea||1986-1990|
|Henry S. Scherer||1990-1994|
|Richard M. Cianci||1994-1995|
Prepared by the Government Information and Reference Services Unit, page revised 7/2008.