Preserving the Past, Informing the Future
|Skip Navigation Links|
established by the
State Tuberculosis Commission as the Hartford County Home for the
Care and Treatment of Persons Suffering from Tuberculosis.
1924-1926?, renamed Cedarcrest Sanatorium.
1957, transferred to Commission on Tuberculosis and other Chronic Illness
1959, transferred to the Health Dept. Office of Tuberculosis Control, Hospital Care, and Rehabilitation, per P.A. 148.
1976, February, ceased operation as a sanatorium, and the treatment of chronic diseases. Facility transferred to the Dept. of Mental Health. Reopened as a psychiatric facility and renamed Cedarcrest Regional Hospital, per P.A. 77-200.
1995, transferred to Dept. of Mental Health and Addiction Services
Agency Documents in the State Library
Check the State Library catalog, CONSULS, under these author headings for publications by the agency available in the State Library :
Annual Reports are located in :
State Archives Record Group : RG 179 (Special Care Sanatoria)
Years of Service
|L. Rogers Morse||1946-Aug. 1, 1952|
|Reginald C. Edson||1952-1955|
|Paul S. Phelps||1955-1957|
|John P. Bachman||1961-1972|
|Wallace W. Turner||1972-1976|
|Raimo A. Vaisanen||1981-1983|
|Carl A. Cappello||1983-1987|
|David Hunter (Acting)||1992|
|Andrew J. Phillips||1997-1998|
|John H. Simsarian||1999|
|Peter Mendelson (Acting)||2000|
|Chief Executive Officer|
Prepared by the Government Information and Reference Services Unit, page revised 6/2008.