Preserving the Past, Informing the Future
|Skip Navigation Links|
1637 May 11, General Courts established a
military arm of the government.
1939, Military Dept. established to consolidate the Adjutant General, Quartermaster General, Armory Board, and Armory Board Inspector, per 1939 CGS Cum Suppl. sec. 215e. Military Dept. directs the Adjutant General.
1959, Office of Civil Defense becomes a division in the Military Dept. 1979, transferred to new Dept. of Public Safety for administrative purposes only per P.A. 77-614, s.50.1
and Records in the State Library Collections
Check the State Library catalog, CONSULS, under these author headings for publications by the agency available in the State Library :
Connecticut Military Department.
Annual Reports are located in :
Documents of the State of Connecticut
Digest of Administrative Reports to the Governor [CSL Call Number ConnDoc F40 d] and 2002-, the online version
State Archives Record Group : RG 013
Years of Service
|William F. Ladd||Jan. 1, 1930-Sept. 18, 1939|
|Kenneth F. Cramer (Acting)||Jan. 16, 1939-Sept. 15, 1939|
|Reginald B. DeLacour||Sept. 16, 1939-1948|
|Frederick G. Reincke||1949-1963|
|E. Donald Walsh||1964-1971|
|John F. Freund||1972-1976, 1980-1981|
|John F. Gore||1982-1984|
|John T. Gereski||1985-1991|
|David W. Gay||1992-1998|
|William A. Cugno||1999-2004|
|Thaddeus J. Martin||2005-Present|
Prepared by the Government Information and Reference Services Unit, page revised 8/2008.