Preserving the Past, Informing the Future
|Skip Navigation Links|
1911, established as the State Park
Commission, per Public Acts chpt. 224.
1921, name changed to State Park and Forest Commission per Public Acts chpt. 193.
1971, absorbed into the new Dept. of Environmental Protection.
Connecticut State Park and Forest Commission. Connecticut State Parks : A Report on Their Growth, Cost, and Use, 1914-1931. The Commission, 1932 [CSL Call Number ConnDoc P211cs]
50th Anniversary, Connecticut State Park & Forest Commission. Hartford : The Commission, 1963. [CSL Call Number ConnDoc P211a]
Agency Documents and
Records in the State Library Collections :
Check the State Library catalog, CONSULS, under these author headings for publications by the agency available in the State Library :
Connecticut. State Park and Forest Commission.
Annual Reports are located in :
1914-1946. [CSL Call Number ConnDoc P211]
1947-1971, Digest of Administrative Reports to the Governor. [CSL Call Number ConnDoc F40 d]
Years of Service
|Edward E. Bradley||1911-Jan. 21, 1917|
|Lucius F. Robinson||1918-1936|
|Herman H. Chapman||1937-1945|
|Donald C. Matthews||1946-1971|
Prepared by the Government Information and Reference Services Unit, page revised 8/2008.