Preserving the Past, Informing the Future
|Skip Navigation Links|
1909, Connecticut Rivers and Harbors Commission appointed per resolution passed by General Assembly July 26.
1911, Rivers, Harbors and Bridges Commission established per Public Acts chpt. 105.
1939, name changed to Commissioners of Steamship Terminals per 1939 Supp. to the General Statutes s.1059e.
1969, October 1, merged with the new Department of Transportation, became the Bureau of Waterways.
Armstead, George B. The State Services of Connecticut. Published under the direction of the Committee on Public Information and the House Committee on Publications of the General Assembly of the State of Connecticut. 1946, pp. 186-192. [CSL Call Number ConnDoc G25 ar]
Check the State Library catalog, CONSULS, under these author headings for publications by the agency available in the State Library :
Connecticut. Rivers Harbors and Bridge Commission.
Annual Reports are located in :
1909-1912, [CSL Call Number
Public Documents of the State of Connecticut. [CSL Call Number ConnDoc G25m]
Digest of Adminstrative Reports to the Governor. [CSL Call Number ConnDoc F40 d]
State Archives Record Group :
Years of Service
|Frank V. Chappell||1947-1948|
|Waldo E. Clarke||1949-1952|
|James D. Murphy (Interim)||1953|
|Louis C. Wool||1955-1957|
|Bertram N. Rossiter||1958-1962|
Prepared by the Government Information and Reference Services Unit, page revised 8/2008.