Preserving the Past, Informing the Future
|Skip Navigation Links|
1913, February opened as the State
Sanatorium at Norwich by the
State Tuberculosis Commission.
1926, renamed Uncas on Thames Sanatorium.
1956, Oct. began accepting state welfare wards with chronic diseases needing hospital care.
1957, administration transferred to the Commission on Tuberculosis and other Chronic Illness
1959, transferred to the Health Dept., Office of Tuberculosis Control, Hospital Care, and Rehabilitation (per P.A. 148, 1959?) (Renamed Uncas on Thames Hospital?)
1984, July 1, University of Connecticut Health Center assumes control over Uncas-on-Thames Hospital.
1995, June 30, Inpatient services were terminated.
and Records in the State Library Collections :
Check the State Library catalog, CONSULS, under these author headings for publications by the agency available in the State Library :
Annual Reports are located in :
[CSL Call Number ConnDoc T791sc]
1947-1983, Digest of Administrative Reports to the Governor. [CSL Call Number ConnDoc F40 d]
State Archives Record Group : RG 179 (Special Care Sanatoria)
Years of Service
|Hugh B. Campbell||1912-May 15, 1944|
|William H. Weidman (Acting)||1944|
|William H. Weidman||1945-July 1948|
|George C. Wilson||Sept. 1, 1948-1970|
|Norman L. Cressy||1971-1974|
|Harold W. Schell||1975-1977|
|Thomas W. Redding||1978-1985|
Prepared by the Government Information and Reference Services Unit, page revised 8/2008.