TABLE OF CONTENTS
RG 062:135, Town of Stamford
Inventory of Records
Finding aid prepared by Connecticut State Library staff.
Copyright © 2007 by the Connecticut State Library
The town of Stamford was settled in 1641 under New Haven jursidiction and named Stamford in 1642. The town was submitted to Connecticut in October 1662. In 1893, the City of Stamford, comprising the central portion of the Town of Stamford, was incorporated. Henceforth, City of Stamford became a composite part of Town of Stamford, resulting in two separate governments: the Town of Stamford and City of Stamford. Town and City of Stamford were consolidated on April 15, 1949 and named City of Stamford.
Land record indexes for the town of Stamford.
Restrictions on Access
These records are stored at an off-site facility and therefore may not be available on a same-day basis.
Restrictions on Use
See the Reproduction and Publications of State Library Collections policy.
Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- Connecticut -- Stamford
Stamford (Conn.) -- Records and correspondence