TABLE OF CONTENTS
RG 108, Arts and Crafts Club of Hartford
Inventory of Records
Finding aid prepared by Connecticut State Library staff.
Copyright © 2008 by the Connecticut State Library
The Club was organized prior to 1909 with the purpose “to associate those actively or otherwise interested in the various branches of the arts and crafts for mutual benefit; to foster and promote interest in the handicrafts. . . and to encourage and stimulate. . . wider participation in and appreciation of good craftwork in all its branches.” The club maintained a workshop, sponsored and organized exhibits, demonstrations, lectures and study courses and held periodic meetings. When the interest of the members waned, the Club was legally terminated in 1951, with its material assets divided among the Children’s Museum, the West Hartford Art League, and the Society of Connecticut Craftsmen.
Records include minutes of meetings, correspondence, reports of officers, the Club Constitution, and membership lists.
Restrictions on Access
Restrictions on Use
See the Reproduction and Publications of State Library Collections policy.
Arts and Crafts Club of Hartford
Art -- Societies, etc.
Arts and Crafts Club of Hartford -- Records and correspondence
Clubs -- Connecticut -- Hartford
Women -- Connecticut -- Hartford -- Societies and clubs
In October 1952, the last President Mrs. J. L. Prentis, donated the records to the Library.