|Course:||1: Archives and Archivists|
|Lesson:||Welcome to Archives and Archivists!|
This first course provides an introduction to the archives, basic terminology, and key concepts.
At the end of this course, the user will be able to:
1. Determine what makes some records archival or historical records
2. Explain why historical records collections are important and who might use them
3. Recognize what kinds of organizations hold and collect historical records and related historical materials
4. Explain what archivists do
5. Define the term "archives"